With the current automobile trend of shifting towards electric vehicles, more and more manufacturers are focusing their attention on electric vehicles. But no one can take away the joys of driving a car with a gasoline heart and many true drivers claim that gasoline-powered engines have a soul and a character, much more than cold, precise and torquey electric engines. Some car manufacturers have stuck to their vows to creating some of the fastest gasoline-powered road-legal cars. Here are five of them. Note that they are in no way serially placed. Each car is amazingly powerful and fast in their way.
1. Ford GT- The Ford GT is powered by a 3.5-liter EcoBoost engine that is tuned to produce 647bhp. The insane amount of power enables it to do 0-100kmph in 3 seconds and its top speed of 348kmph.
2. Lamborghini Aventador SVJ- The Lamborghini Aventador SVJ is a raging bull in itself, paying homage to Lamborghini’s famous emblem. Handcrafted in Italy and restricted numbers, the supercar draws control from a 6.5-liter, 48-valve V-12 motor that creates 759bhp of most extreme power. These crazy power figures ensure that the Aventador SVJ can dash from 0 to 100kmph in simply 2.8 and reach its top speed of 350kmph.
3. Aston Martin DBS Superleggera- English automaker Aston Martin is known for delivering solid vehicles and the most recent DBS Superleggera is a fine encapsulation of that way of thinking. Fueled by a 715 bhp, 5.2-liter, twin-turbo V-12 engine, the roadster can dash from 0-100 km/ph in simply 3.2 seconds. If you are ballsy enough to keep stepping on the gas, you’d arrive at the incredibly high top speed of 340 km/ph.
4. Koenigsegg Agera RS- Koenigsegg’s Agera RS is the fastest road-legal car in the world currently as said by the Guinness Book of World Records. This sexy speed demon of a car with 1,160hp supercar hit 436kmph on the first round and 456kmph on the second and its average speed was calculated to be 447kmph. With figures like that, it’s a road-legal race car at this point.
5. Bugatti Chiron Sport- Bugatti is no stranger to producing insanely powerful cars that can achieve ungodly speeds as demonstrated by their past flagship, the Veyron. The Chiron Sport has 1,479bhp, can pull off 0-100 km/ph in 2.4 seconds, and a top speed of 420kmph (electronically restricted). This monster of a hypercar is faster than the world’s fastest bullet train. Powering the Chiron Sport is a monstrous 8.0-liter quad-turbocharged W-16 motor.